nForce 2 and KT400 in a duel: Asus A7N8X Deluxe against EPoX 8RDA + and EP-8K9A2 +
- 1 Foreword
- 2 The chipsets
- 3 Asus A7N8X Deluxe
- 6 EPoX 8RDA +
- 9 EPoX 8K9A2 +
- 12 Test system
- 17 FSB400
- 19 Conclusion
Seti @ Home
- We are now also including the text client from Seti @ Home (3.03) in the mainboard tests. Due to the long running time, this should give a clear picture of the performance of the individual boards. In order to keep the results comparable, the same work unit with an angle range of 0.417 was used.
- Further information: ComputerBaseTeam.de
- Download: berkeley.edu
- Asus A7N8X ( nForce 2) DDR3332:26
- EPoX 8RDA + (nForce 2)DDR3332:27
- EPoX 8K9A2 + (KT400) DDR3332:35
Let's recap: Asus had to give up the four gaming benchmarks each to EPoX, although things looked different in the application test before. Now with Seti @ Home the change to pure CPU/board/memory programs takes place again and the A7N8X actually takes over the lead again. The board comes first, although it is extremely tight at one minute. Nine minutes later, the 8K9A2 + manages to send the WU fully calculated to Berkley.
Cinema4D XL R8
- Cinema 4D XL7 is one of the full-blown rendering programs a la 3D Studio Max. Practically unaffordable for the private user, it offers the professional endless possibilities in the worlds of 3D rendering and animation. Here, too, the interaction between processor, northbridge (chipset) and memory plays a major role.
- Further information: Maxon.de
- Download: Maxon.de (limited demo version)
- EPoX 8RDA + (nForce 2) DDR3332:34
- Asus A7N8X (nForce 2) DDR3332:39
- EPoX 8K9A2 + (KT400) DDR3332:41
Finally, the old one Cinema 4D benchmark, which should examine the ability of the boards for rendering applications. And the graphics card or the AGP interface hardly plays a role again when the 8RDA + takes back the lead at the last second. It can clearly take a good four seconds from the A7N8X. The 8K9A2 + with its KT400 is now also relieved of the burden of the benchmarks and is allowed to go to thehigh resolution as last forever.
On the next page: FSB400