New features of the Detonator 27.10
Now that the Detonator 27.10 have found their way onto the Internet, it is time to take a closer look at the innovations in the drivers. It can be assumed that there will be significant changes with such a large version jump from 23.xx to 27.xx.
At first glance after installing the driver, not much has changed in the graphics card settings. At least with a GeForce3, no new windows catch the eye. On closer inspection, however, it becomes apparent that a new desktop manager has found its way into the driver named nView on the 'Desktop Utilities' tab. It offers numerous setting options and also masters the creation of virtual desktops, as they are common under Linux and are also created in a certain way by the Powertoys for Windows XP . The screenshots illustrate this function.
Another novelty in the drivers is the support for the GeForce 4, which was released on 5. February 2002 to be presented to the public. The following entries can be found in the driver's inf file:
- NVidia.Nv17.1 = 'NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 460'
- NVidia.Nv17.2 = 'NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 '
- NVidia.Nv17.3 =' NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420 '
- NVidia.Nv17GL.1 =' NVIDIA Quadro4 500XGL '
- NVidia.Nv17GL .2 = 'NVIDIA Quadro4 200/400NVS'
- NVidia.Nv17GL.3 = 'NVIDIA Quadro4 550XGL'
- NVidia.Nv25.1 = 'NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600'
- NVidia.Nv25.2 = 'NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4400'
- NVidia.Nv25.4 = 'NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200'
- NVidia.Nv25GL.1 = 'NVIDIA Quadro4 900XGL '
- NVidia.Nv25GL.2 =' NVIDIA Quadro4 750XGL '
- NVidia.Nv25GL.4 =' NVIDIA Quadro4 700XGL '
This also confirms the rumors regarding the names of the GeForce 4 chip series. Furthermore, the names for the worksation chips appear first in this context. What theAs far as the speed of the drivers is concerned, you can report your results to us in the forum.