Highpoint and Promise with Serial ATA controllers
Highpoint and Promise presented their new products with regard to Serial-ATA at Computex. Promise is represented with five new chips and four new PCI cards, while Highpoint has no chips of its own and has two new PCI cards.
Three of the five new chips from Promise each have four Serial ATA connections while the other two each have one IDE and two Serial ATA connectors. The following cards are available:
- FastTrak SX4100 with PDC20320 chip, 4x Serial-ATA ; RAID 0, 1, 0 + 1 and 5
- FastTrak TX2100 with PDC20376 chip, 2x Serial-ATA; 1x IDE , RAID 0, 1, 0 + 1
- FastTrak SATA150 TX4 with PDC20318 chip, 4x Serial-ATA ; no RAID support
- FastTrak SATA150 TX2 Plus with PDC20375, 2x Serial-ATA, 1x IDE ; no RAID support
As mentioned at the beginning, Highpoint does not have its own chip with Serial ATA in its range and uses a converter module from Marvell. The cards from Highpoint can be listed as follows:
- RocketRAID 1520 with HPT372A and Marvell chip, 2x Serial-ATA ; RAID 0, 1, 0 + 1
- RocketRAID 1540 with HPT372A and Marvell chip, 4x Serial-ATA ; RAID 0, 1, 0 + 1, 5 and 10
Prices and the planned availabilities were just as impossible to find out.