Details about the Hercules 3D Prophet 9700
There is new information and pictures about the Hercules 3D Prophet 9700 with ATI's Radeon 9700 graphics chip. The card should be available in stores from mid-September for around 430 to 450 euros. At the same time, the price of current graphics cards may drop.
The graphics chip, manufactured using 0.15 µm technology, has 102 million transistors and the Hercules 3D Prophet 9700 is equipped with 128 MB DDR SDRAM. Hercules did not comment on the chip and memory clock of the 3D Prophet 9700 either. According to rumors, the card should work with a 300MHz chip and 650MHz memory clock. The specifications of the Hercules 3D Prophet 9700 are as follows:
- 8 pixel pipelines
- 128 MByte DDR-RAM
- 256 bit wide memory interface
- HyperZ III memory bandwidth technology
- DirectX 9-chip architecture
- Smartshader 2.0 with Vertex and Pixel Shader 2.0
- Smoothvision 2.0: 2x/4x/6x FSAA mode
- Truform 2.0 and displacement mapping
- Video shader for the DVD -Playback
- Fullstream for hardware-accelerated streaming
- Dual display technology
- Two 400 MHz RAMDACs integrated in the chip
The scope of delivery also includes Cyberlinks PowerDVD 4.0 XP and the Hydravision tool for dual-monitor operation. Thanks to a convincing list of features, the Radeon 9700 could at least temporarily manage to display the fastest graphics chip available on the market.