Asus P4G8X Deluxe with E7205 in the test: Dual-Channel DDR-SDRAM for Pentium 4
- 1 Preface
- The chipsets
- 2 The Asus P4G8X Deluxe
- 5 Test system
Cinema4D XL R8
- Cinema 4D XL R8 is one of the full-blown rendering programs à la 3D Studio Max. Practical for private users Unaffordable, it offers the professional endless possibilities in the worlds of 3D rendering and animation. Here, too, the interaction between processor, northbridge (chipset) and memory plays a major role.
- Further information: Maxon.de
- Download: Maxon.de (limited demo version)
- Blurry Reflections:
- Asus P4T533 - i850E1:25
- Asus P4PE - i845PE1:25
- Asus P4G8X - E72051:25
This result actually shows only one thing: Cinema4D XL R8 seems to be completely unsuitable for comparing mainboards. We will check this with other mainboards and other chipsets and then possibly no longer use the test in future reviews. The pure CPU performance plays the biggest role and at least with Intel chipsets this leads to an identical end result.
- That was the second discipline that was required for encoding dynamically convert a 100MB WAV file to MP3 audio format. The Lame 3.90 program, which only supports MMX, was used for this. The program was started with the parameters -v -V 0. This will create an MP3 file with a variable bit rate between 160 kbps and 320 kbps.
- Further information: mp3dev.org
- Download: riphelp.com
- Asus P4T533 - i850E1:05
- Asus P4PE - i845PE1: 05
- Asus P4G8X - E72051:05
Lame 3.91 also certifies that all three mainboards and chipsets have an identical performance. We will also check here how it behaves in the future with other mainboards and chipsets and react accordingly.
- Of course, the processors were also allowed to show what was happening when encoding Videos are in them. For this, each of the opponents was allowed to bring a 451MB MPEG1 video into the DiVX (MPEG4) format using Flask. The average frame rate achieved was recorded on paper. High quality bicubic filtering was used, with only the video stream being processed. The audio stream, however, remained unprocessed.MMX was used as iDCT, as all test candidates fully support this multimedia command extension.
- Further information: FlaskMPEG.net
- Download: FlaskMPEG.net
- Asus P4T533 - i850E125,32
- Asus P4G8X - E7205124,10
- Asus P4PE - i845PE120,71
Flask sees this a little differently and confirms the old picture again. It really wasn't to be expected any more. The benchmarks that deal with the performance of the system are over and the result is clear. P4T533 with i850E and RIMM4200 ahead of P4G8X with E7205 and dual-channel DDR266 and in third place the P4PE with i845PE and DDR333.
On the next page: Audio Analyzer